Psst! We’ve also compiled home essentials for the bathroom, kitchen, family room, and cleaning supplies.
Do you have a home office? In our previous home, we rarely used our small second bedroom for guests, so we ultimately nixed the old futon for a pink pint-sized studio. I loved that space so much, and when we moved into our current home, I realized how important it was for me – for us! – to have a conducive, creative place to work. A place to open my laptop, clock out at 5 and turn a blind eye in the evenings. Scott and I both work from home, and over the years, our office has seen updates that allow us to focus on work in a joyful, peaceful environment – and man, finding every last piece to create a happy workspace has taken years.
All this to say, we don’t think of a home office – the study, the homework station, the corner you’ve carved out for a petite desk and bookcase – as an afterthought. But to get it to a productive starting point, we think it has to inspire. It has to have a system for your files and your pens and your rolls of Scotch tape. Systems that make sense! It needs a place for everything with everything in its place. So in today’s home essential guide, we’ve rounded up the necessities you need to make that happen, all while looking good doing it!
We own and love numbers 9, 11, 18, 19, 29, 34 and 40!
Home Office Essentials
1. leather paperweight | 2. wood and metal paper tray | 3. classic filing cabinet (in tons of colors!) | 4. sleek leather office chair | 5. USB mini fan with leather handle | 6. simple cable management box | 7. cute concrete desk organizer | 8. wood and marble paperweight | 9. sleek portable space heater
10. quirky pod extension cord | 11. portable cable organizer | 12. mint green desk organizer | 13. simple desk organizer | 14. hands file organizer | 15. magnetic cable wrangler | 16. cognac leather office chair | 17. sage file sorter | 18. compact retro fan
19. USB cloth extension cord | 20. triangle file holder | 21. wood-wrapped fan | 22. helvetica wall calendar | 23. acrylic file box | 24. cloth covered extension cord (in so many colors!) | 25. leather office chair | 26. navy and leather office caddy | 27. concrete sphere paperweight
28. oversized framed pinboard | 29. wireless charging tray | 30. hot pink + acrylic stacking tray | 31. handsome day planner | 32. mango wood file cabinet | 33. canvas charger roll | 34. steel rolling file cabinet | 35. leather handle ceramic heater | 36. lucite wall calendar
37. faux leather executive chair | 38. wood power pendant | 39. wireless charging pad | 40. cord snaps | 41. hex pin board | 42. wood file cabinet
I am planning an office in our new house right now and these suggestions are so helpful! I can’t get the link to the Oversized Pin aboard to work, though. It just goes to Google (and I’m not sure if it is just me:))
Nope, that was our fault, haha. Fixed it! And it’s 25% off with code BIGDEAL!
Can you share where you got your embossed label maker you use sometimes? I was hoping it would be here!
Oooh, good call! We LOVE that no-frills label maker. Here it is!
Thank you! And I love this series. It’s my favorite!
I love all these items! Thanks for doing the hard work and curating into one post for us :) Can you share where your globe is from? Thanks!
Thank you, Tina! The globe is vintage. We found it at the flea market: https://yellowbrickhome.com/vlog-flea-market/
Such a good find for you guys, even if USSR is still printed on there ;) Thanks for the info!
We LOVE our lucite calendar – we bought and customized it last year from this same Etsy seller. We’re about to move, and I can’t wait to find its new home. We use the heck out of it, as my husband is a gigging musician. It’s also great for reminding ourselves about upcoming tasks – like MIL’s birthday gift…
Just found your blog recently. and am really enjoying it! Our second child leaves for college this fall so it’s a great time for me to do some updates around the house. I love the sideboard that’s in your top picture of this post. Can you give details on it?
Hi Susan! That was a lucky find from At Home.