Oh, fall, we love you so! Let me count the ways…
Why do you think fall is so universally loved? Is it the cooler air? The feeling of slipping on your jean jacket? The pep in your step when you wear your favorite boots? For me, it’s all encompassing – the scent of cool air, Lucy’s rosy cheeks, the candles burning throughout our home, giving myself permission to toss our faux fur on the sofa and embracing the cozy cuddle bubbles we create beneath it. Soon, Scott will be whipping up double batches of his white chicken chili (have you tried it yet?), and Lucy and I will bake up heaping scoops of the world’s best chocolate chip cookies.
Last year, I picked up a pair of fall-colored pillows, and I just… never changed them out for the seasons. As it turns out, I suppose I like the hues of fall year-round! One thing I do swap our seasonally? My candles! I’ve been enjoying Crete’s Egyptian Fig and Great Outdoors, but Cedar Magnolia is my go-to budget buy.
Note: Our pillows are no longer in stock, but these are pretty similar!
How do you celebrate fall? This year will be different, since we won’t be able to host gatherings indoors, but we’re hoping to stretch the season with friends around our outdoor fireplace. Below, I’m sharing the items on my fall wish list and things we love and use.
Let’s Celebrate Fall
- YETI Rambler | I use my Rambler every. single. morning. But in the fall? You’ll see my Rambler in hand 24/7 – at my desk, out on a walk and keeping my evening tea hot.
- ribbed vase | A large perfectly speckled vase that acts as a neutral but still makes a statement. The perfect vessel for fall foliage!
- channeled cotton quilt | I’ve long loved this reversible yard-dyed coverlet, and I daydream of the day I throw it on Lucy’s big girl bed. A classic color combination and your next family heirloom.
- fleece zip-up | I have this jacket without the hood, and I’d happily add this to my collection! Beige is a closet staple, but the black is stunning, too.
- cast iron dutch oven | Our dutch oven comes out on Sundays to fill the home with the scent of Scott’s chili. A kitchen staple.
- Crete candle | A new and forever favorite! Black owned and Brooklyn based. Scents to try: Egyptian Fig and Great Outdoors.
- candle accessory set | Up your candle game with a trimmer, dipper and snuffer! This trio is sitting in my shopping cart riiight now.
- high-rise skinnies | My favorite washed black skinnies have been looking forward to fall as much as I have! These are my every day jeans, super flattering and high quality. Tip: Size down!
- creamy taupe polish | A color as cozy as you feel.
- chelsea boot | It’s boot season! Pick up a pair of hard working booties with comfort padding to wear with jeans, maxi dresses and everything in-between.
- low-light plant subscription | Receive one plant monthly that thrives in low lighting situations. Your perfect companion for shorter days and longer evenings indoors!
- faux fur ombre throw | This brings so much warmth (literally!) and texture to our living room. It comes in two sizes, and the larger of the two is downright dreamy for a lazy afternoon.
- perfect rain jacket in English saddle | Rain jacket or windbreaker (or both)? In a stroke of bad luck, I lost my rain jacket, but I loved it so much, I’m ready to purchase it again.
- Layla rug | Make the indoors new again with a rug refresh that’ll go with anything.
PS! Here’s a round-up of fall blankets you’ll want to curl up with, and the 5 ingredients for a fall front porch (that budget sconce is still the best thing we did to our exterior!).
That mustard quilt! ????
Also love these photos of Catfish – she sure is a beauty.
Isn’t it the prettiest? The quilt AND Catfish?! Haha.
Catfish is amazingly photogenic. She has the best facial expressions
So cozy! ???? The link for the jeans is taking me to the jacket!
I love this picture! Is your sofa Interior Define? What fabric/color is it? (We’re thinking about replacing our old sectional, since our 5-year old used it as trampoline while we were under Covid stay home orders and that maybe was the straw the broke the camel’s back…)
Ours is the Gaba sofa from Article, but they no longer sell it, sadly!
While I love your suggestions, I cannot get over how happy Catfish looks. His face is so sweet. Looks like another perfect adoption fail!
Love that Uniqlo jacket! I too, love the Cedar Magnolia candle from Target. But it is so hard to find in my area. I hoard a couple, any time I find them in Target.
You may like a KC local favorite candle company called Pickwick. https://pickwickandco.com/ They are owned by a local couple in their garage. The thing I love the most, is you can still smell them after the candle is blown out. Much cheaper than so many other candles. The Black Pepper is a favorite among friends.
Ooooh, checking them out, thanks! And same, I always grab a few of the Cedar Magnolia when I can find them!
Catfish gives the best side eye! I love her.
Oh that is the perfect picture of Fall!
I love this time of year! the scenery, the decor, the fashion, the food. ALL OF IT!
Just came here to say that this lead photo of Catfish cuddled up on your sofa is everything I want out of life this fall. (This post was an unexpected joy; thanks YBH!)
Oh, gosh, thank you so much! :D
Love the ombre throw! Makes me want to curl up with those chocolate chip cookies and milk (and Netflix!) :)
That throw looks so cozy! As someone who also shares my blankets with the dog, I have to ask – any chance you’ve successfully machine-washed it? :)
Yup! Washed AND dried!
Purchasing now – thanks for the link! :) Your round-ups are always my fave.