In Best of Amazon, we’re uncovering the hidden gems to help you with your day-to-day. This time, we’re sharing All Things Bedroom Design! You can also see our favorite items anytime in our Amazon Shop.
Before jumping in, we want to thank you for letting us know that you’d like us to share our usual content during these uncertain times. We appreciate you spending time with us, and we love this community that we’ve built together! We’re keeping routines in place as much as we can, but we’re also embracing the slower pace and giving ourselves the grace to take a step back when we need it. Hope you’re all well. xx
How many times can I profess my love for our recent bedroom refresh? Have I made it clear yet? I love the way the blackout curtains allow me to sleep in. I love the coziness of the quilt, the warmth of my sheets. I love the wool rug beneath my feet and the warm light of my bedside sconce.
A few simple swaps was all it took to make our bedroom feel new again, and many of the items we purchased came from Amazon! See those sconces below? Amazon. Hunting for an item that you’d least expect to find on Amazon is a favorite challenge of mine, so I pulled together a big list of resources for the most restful, comfortable bedroom.
Several of the items you’ll find below are things we either own (and love), and everything is an item I’d happily add to my virtual shopping cart. I want to mention that I’m constantly checking the reviews of my picks, so that I can ensure high quality pieces with near-5-star ratings whenever possible!
- Marshall Bluetooth speaker, $250 | Our Marshall is one of my favorite purchases to date. The sound quality is amazing, and nothing makes folding laundry feel like less of a chore than singing along to Taylor Swift!
- Camel Heather quilt, $219 | An instant heirloom for curling up with that chair in the corner, or spreading across the bed for extra warmth.
- Schoolhouse ceiling light, $63 | Ever-so-slightly different than a classic schoolhouse light, for nostalgia’s sake. For a more traditional style, this one comes in several finishes!
- Nightstands, $170 for set of 2 | I love the chunky shape of these guys – but I’d swap out the knobs. Two drawers for double the storage, too!
- Swing arm sconce, $110 | Classic yet statement-worthy, but I especially like that this plug-in sconce has a dimmer switch.
- Dohm classic sound machine, $42 | The best sound machine on this planet. Hands down. (We have one in every bedroom!)
- Blackout linen curtains, $55+ | Add these curtains to our bedroom was a game changer. The pinch pleat keeps them looking tidy, and the thick fabric looks so handsome. Bonus: The double-width options give them a full, luxe look!
- Ceramic dish, $13 | A marble-look ceramic tray will keep your jewelry and reading glasses tidy on those nightstands.
- Turkish cotton throw, $46 | Because one can never have too many throw blankets!
- Wood floor mirror, $140 | An understated full-length mirror in wood will add warmth to your room. Tip: Hang it on the wall opposite a window to bounce around the natural light.
- Original Leesa mattress, $525+ | We’ve lost count of all the Leesa mattresses we’ve purchased for our bedrooms! They’re number one in our book.
- Sunset candle, $24 | Black currant and tuberose will remind you of the late summer sun.
- Cement and brass table lamp, $55 | This sweet guy takes up little space, plus he just looks cool. Tip: Pair with these pretty bulbs to help cast light downwards.
- Retro alarm clock, $14 | Silent ticking with a vintage look; how cute will this look on your nightstand?
- Windowpane sheet set, $129+ | We’ve never once regretted putting money towards a great sheet set for quality sleep.
- Washed linen duvet set, $159+ | Linen bedding is a cool, casual way to keep your bed the most comfortable it can be – and the flanged style on this one is perfect.
- Air purifier, $399 | People love their Molekules! Have you tried one yet?
- Kilim rug, price varies | A hardwearing neutral rug can feel hard to come by, but this one might be It! At less than $500 for a 9 x 12, you can fill your whole room, too.
- Frame television, price varies | To have a TV in the bedroom or not to have? If you’re Team Of Course, a Frame television can look like a piece of art when not in use! Customize it with the bezel of your choice.
PS: You can see our tone-on-tone bedroom reveal here, our moody guest room here and Lucy’s nursery right here!
We have the Dohm noise maker in every bedroom too! That thing is amaaaazing!Cass from Cass Makes home has a great alternative to #19 for anyone who doesn’t want to go all-in on a new Frame TV but still wantsthe look: https://www.cassmakeshome.com/post/diy-frame-tv
Oh my gosh, I watched her make that on Stories! I love it so much.????
Would you be able to post any tips on how to shop for home accessories and furnishings on Amazon? It’s very easy to search for something specific when you know exactly what you’re looking for – a specific type of lightbulb, a specific dish drying mat, etc. However, I have a hard time doing general shopping like light fixtures because there are so many ‘”no’s” to sift through. Would love to hear your tips on how to sift through all the options and find that winner. Thanks for continuing to provide content and updates on your end through this time – they’ve been a great relief!
Hi Amy, thank you for the idea! I’d be happy to do that. There is definitely a method to my madness! I’ll add it to our upcoming posts. :)
I know you guys are into ethical companies, esp for clothing! But the way Amazon has been handling this crisis has been appalling: https://www.ft.com/content/08395e49-0bb1-4f49-a6f5-c6639ce3d719
This might not be the right time to promote them.
Thank you for the feedback, Vid.
Hi Kim (and Scott). I am looking for new light fixtures for my entryway, and two hallways. Love the Schoolhouse ceiling lights. Do you think they would work with 8 foot ceilings? Also, do they mix well with a more modern midcentury style? Appreciate your input.
Yes, they would absolutely work! And schoolhouse lighting is classic and will work in ANY home. Go for it!