large art print | X pillow | lumbar fringe pillow | navy pillow | sconce
The tides in our home are turning, and this past month has seen some of the biggest changes in a while (hello, guest room!). But last weekend, our new sofa was delivered, and it was true, mad, deep love at first sight. The way that our family lives in this house changed in an instant. We pored over dozens of top contenders for most of this whole year, going so far as to map out new living room layouts with blue tape, and we crossed our fingers that we could, somehow, make a sectional work in our narrow Chicago living room. After picking up several fabric samples, this one took the cake! We’ve spent every afternoon and evening from those deep seats, and we can’t stop saying to one another, why did we wait so long? We can’t wait to share our full review with you soon, which will include a big giveaway, too!
• We have a lot of people asking us how Jack and CC have been doing with Lucy, and earlier this week when I shared a similar photo to the one above, the question came up again. In short? We couldn’t be more proud of our pups, especially Jack, and I get teary just thinking about it. In the last year, we shared how we were preparing our pups for baby and then how we adjusted to life with baby + pups (with one especially anxious Jackie Boy). Jack is so, so patient with Lucy, always wanting to be near her. Lucy loves him so very much. By a landslide, Jack is her favorite. Her face lights up when he enters the room, and he shows his love in return with a gentle wag of the tail, going so far as to allow her to touch his head (no one else is allowed to do this). The other day, Lucy reached up to pet him, and Jack lifted his paw to meet her hand. Scott and I both got chills watching this happen, but we didn’t dare ruin the moment by making a fuss. Okay, all of this to say, thank you for asking and always checking in on the progress of our pups. We are more than happy to share more of our experience and adjustment period if you’re interested! Let us know.
• In preparation of finding our navy velvet sofa a new home (it’s up for grabs! Get in touch for serious Chicago-area inquiries), we purchased this upholstery cleaner and haven’t looked back! We went cleaner crazy, refreshing the sofa, our gray side chairs and Milo. It works.
• After many, many years, the time had come to upgrade our winter coats. Scott just ordered this classic coat in the prettiest camel-slash-mustard (although according to the description, it’s simply brown, ha!). Olive is so handsome, too.
• And during a friends + family sale, I did choose olive in this parka. We’re watching the mail with eagle eyes.
• In the comments of a recent Instagram post, someone highly recommended this plant booster when I mentioned that our Tree House ZZ was looking a little sad. We ordered it immediately and tested it on a wilted plant in our home, and a few days later, the whole droopy mess perked right up! It smells like death but works like a dream. Worth it.
• Couldn’t resist this pretty mercury glass ornament for Lucy. (But thinking I’ll need to go back and get one for each and every one of us.)
• Our hearts break with every update on the California fires. We’re still trying to wrap our heads around what we saw a short month ago, and how much that landscape has changed. We just feel… heavy. Helpless. Even still, here are some of the ways we can make a difference.
Wishing you all a relaxing weekend, doing whatever makes you the happiest.
Can you link up the upholstery cleaner? Thanks, have a great weekend! (PS Can’t wait to hear about the couch!)
Whoops! Fixed that for ya – it’s this one. Happy weekend!
Dogs and babies always melt my heart. If your going anywhere near MI this weekend, Snow is here, even down state! Enjoy your weekend
We’re at Tree House right now! It snowed the whole drive up – it felt like we were in a snow globe. It was pretty magical!
Love reading your blog. Recently, though, the way the ads load mean that if I start reading before the page fully loads (and it loads pretty slow, at least on my computer), it jerks back to the top when the page finishes loading. And then, as I read, some of the mid-text ads update and change size, go away, or reappear, which causes the text to jerk and move as I try to read. I wanted to let you guys know.
Oh, no! We hate hearing that. This just started recently? Are you clicking through a blog reader, or are you coming straight to our blog? Thank you for this info!
I use Bloglovin to track blogs, but I read the blog directly on your site. And I haven’t had any issues with any other blogs I read.
Mine does this too!
I also love your blog posts with beautiful pictures and inspiration. But it is very jumpy as the all the ads are continuing to load which makes it hard to read.