A cocktail that’s easy to sip, smooth yet tart.
Even before Kim was mom to our little Lucy, we always found fun ways to celebrate Mother’s Day. Whether we were celebrating her motherhood of our furry kiddos, or ‘future’ Mother’s Day, we made sure the day was fun and relaxing. Kim never had to lift a finger! Now that Lucy is 4, we still make sure that Kim isn’t allowed to do any work, especially since Mother’s Day always falls near (or on) her birthday. Most years, we’ll spend Mother’s Day afternoon selecting a few new plants for our backyard planter boxes. Kim then gets to relax by the fire pit while Lucy and I do the dirty work of planting them wherever she likes! This lady works hard, so the least we can do is force her to relax for an afternoon!
A few years ago, I whipped up this cocktail using ingredients we had on hand and Kim now requests it every year! We’ve tweaked the recipe a touch to perfect it, but its become a Mother’s Day staple. This Sunday, you’ll find us celebrating with a couple of the favorite moms in our life with a low-key pajama brunch of frozen goodies from Trader Joe’s and a tasty cocktail to kick the day off right. We’re wishing all of the moms, moms-to-be, mentors, aunts and every other mother-figure the happiest of days! We hope you’re able to celebrate in the way that brings you the most happiness. Happy Mother’s Day!
- Shot glass or jigger
- Cocktail shaker
- 2 of your favorite glasses
- 4.5 oz pineapple juice (or 3 jiggers)
- 1.5 oz orange liqueur (or 1 jigger)
- 3 oz vodka (or 2 jiggers)
- 1.5 oz coconut milk (or 1 jigger)
- juice from 1 lime
- Fill cocktail shaker with ice and add all ingredients
- Shake vigirously for 30 seconds
- Add ice to a pair of your favorite cocktail glasses
- Strain into cocktail glasses
- Optional: Garnish with a squeeze of lime and an extra wedge for those that like it extra tart!
PS: Love cocktails? Try this pear + gin drink on cool summer nights. You can also see all of the recipes we’ve shared over the years right here! (You’re going to want to try these chocolate chip cookies.)