We’ve been looking to add a little extra oomph to our corner of the web, a way where we could connect with you on a fun and more personal level. And so over the last few weeks, we’ve been giving vlogging a go! We started with a mini introduction on our about page, and we even shared a few snippets on Instagram last week.
Today, we’re taking you with us on our first flea market adventure of the season to Elkhorn, Wisconsin! The Elkhorn Flea Market is one of our seasonal favorites – worth the 1.5 hour drive from Chicago, for sure – and we pick up a couple treasures along the way. I overuse the word cool, Scott can’t understand the importance of CC’s play kitchen, and we eat fried cheese before 10 AM. (Plus, we give you the inside scoop on the one thing we buy anytime we find ourselves in Wisconsin.)
It would mean the world to us if you let us know what you think of this new-to-us format, and a huge thank you for all the kind words and feedback so far! You can subscribe to our YouTube channel here, and we’re all ears (um, eyes?) for any suggestions you’d like to see in the future. We’ve also added a YouTube icon in the menu, up there on the right. We’re excited to start sharing our projects in this way, and we hope you enjoy the first official episode!*
What other videos would you like to see?
• These are the show dates for the Elkhorn Flea Market
• Our favorite booth: Rivich Antiques (and the chairs we bought from them 2 years ago!)
• I love vintage photos, but I promise I was kidding about the baby
• DIY light kits: Snakehead Vintage
• For sugary, yummy pastries, go to Roeser’s Bakery
• Our favorite backpack (it holds everything)
• Best easy-drinking beer!
• Still in the flea market mood? Let’s go!
Edited by our talented friend Hannah Stephans
Music: Moi Je Joue
*All the exclamations can’t be helped. We hope you’ll love the spontaneous video from time to time!