Rent Our Two Flat!
Unit #2 of our Two Flat will be available to rent starting April 1st! We’re sad to see our tenants leave, as they’ve been part of the story of our beloved Two Flat. Unit #2 still holds on to a large part of our hearts; her vintage charm, blue trim, original maple floors and ample light steal the show. If you’re looking for a Chicago rental unit, here are a few more details:
- Logan Square, Chicago location
- 2 bedrooms / 1 bathroom
- In-unit washer and dryer
- Full kitchen with dishwasher
- 1 parking pad spot + easy street parking
- Available April 1
We’ve already received several inquiries since listing the unit yesterday, so if you’re interested, please send us an email with your desired move-in date and a little bit about you / your family unit. Serious inquiries only.
Stay In Our Tree House!
But wait, there’s more! My DMs and inbox have been filling up with inquiries about the Tree House calendar, and we totally get it. Scott and I have been daydreaming about our own summer plans, itching to have something to look forward to. And so we opened up dates earlier than we have in previous years, so that you can have something to look forward to, too!
We also opened up April for bookings, which is the same month we first rented a place in this part of Michigan. It was cold and rainy, but it was exactly what our souls needed – a place to decompress and hike and drink good beer. If you’re new to Tree House, it sleeps 6 + 1 infant, and it’s located in Harbor Country, Michigan. More about the area, photos of the home, and a direct link to book your stay can be found right here!
A quick note: The shoulder seasons are available for 3 night minimums – April and May, September through November. The summer season – June, July and August – are available as weekly rentals only (Friday to Friday).
Other Things This Week:
Most days, Scott and I joke that we’ve reached the end of the internet. We’ve binged every show that anyone has ever recommended to us. Lucy has seen every last show with a unicorn. But recently, we started watching Pixar shorts and Lava – yes, from 7+ years ago! – stole all our hearts. Lucy requests it every day. It makes me sniffly in the best way. Treat yourself to this 6 minute Disney short, if you haven’t already.
I ran out of retinol a few weeks ago and waited to buy another; partly due to laziness, partly to give my skin a little break. Unfortunately, my skin freaked out and I noticed within a week that it was looking lackluster. Just dull, prone to breakouts and uneven. I love trying new things and ordered this retinol. WOW. My skin loved it right away, and I’ve been telling anyone who will listen! Retinol lovers – skincare lovers! – you may enjoy this one, too.
Last week, we challenged ourselves to organizing a different space every day. It was so much work (fun, too!) to do the task, Story along the way and create a Reel every day, but an unexpected thing happened: Most of the organizational work was a breeze because of systems we’ve had in place for years! This only further proves my theory that when there’s a place for everything, everything is much more likely to stay in its place. See all the Reels I created on Instagram:
Closets | Bathroom | Kitchen | Toys | Miscellany
I’ve been bookmarking kitchen inspiration all day, every day. This kitchen is topping our list as we figure out ways to incorporate more open space, symmetry and COLOR. Also, how much do you love this pink!? Believe it or not, most of my inspiration photos are of brightly painted cabinets!
These smiley slip-ons have made my month! I really needed a good smile, and these did the trick. I ordered my usual size, but they were way too large. Sizing down was a much better fit for me, and I gifted the roomy pair to a friend (who is equally as obsessed!).
During our week of organization, so many of you asked for links to our favorite storage solutions! We keep things really simple with these clear lidded bins and stackable acrylic dividers for most things. If you want to go on a deep dive, here are more links you may find helpful:
- Best of Amazon: Organization!
- A Room-by-Room Guide to Getting Organized (a personal favorite of mine!)
- 5 Things We Do to Keep Our Toys Under Control
- 8 Things You Can Do Right Now to Make a Big Difference In Your Home
A few years ago, we even made a list of home essentials that actually LOOK GOOD while keeping you organized. Think: trash bins, toilet brushes and cord management systems. Feel free to hop around:
BATHROOM ESSENTIALS | KITCHEN ESSENTIALS | FAMILY ROOM ESSENTIALS | OFFICE ESSENTIALS | CLEANING SUPPLIES
- Anthropologie: Extra 40% off all sale items
- Boutique Rugs: 60% off Winter Sale with code WINTER60
- CB2: Up to 60% off clearance items
- Crate & Barrel: Earn 10% back in rewards dollars
- The Company Store: Up to 20% off semi-annual sale
- Equilibria CBD: 50% off bundles and 30% off one-time orders for all first time customers with code YELLOWBRICKHOME50
- Everlane: Sale items up to 60% off
- Gap: 50% off your purchase with code TREAT
- J. Crew: Up to extra 50% off sale items with code SALETIME
- J. Crew Factory: Extra 60% off clearance with code BESTEVER
- Lowe’s: Savings now on these site wide deals
- Madewell: Extra 30% off with code REALDEAL
- Old Navy: Up to 75% off clearance
- Pottery Barn: 20% off all bedding and bath
- Rugs USA: Up to 75% off washable rugs
- Unison Home: 25% off select bed + bath items
- Urban Outfitters: Extra 25% off all sale items
- West Elm: 20% off all bedding and bath
- Williams-Sonoma Home: Up to 70% off warehouse sale
Have a Cozy Weekend
Do you have any warm plans this weekend? Chicago has been so frigid, I’ve barely seen the light of day, and I don’t plan to change that this weekend! You’ll find me curled up on the sofa with the family and a whole bunch of movies in the queue. Wishing you a cozy weekend, friends!