A Media Room to Watch
The thoughtfulness that Kelsey injects into every single square inch of her Indiana farmhouse never ceases to amaze me. She has an inspiring and refreshing take on minimalism, and in a way that feels attainable and comfortable, never sparse. Recently, she shared her media wall using IKEA cabinets with Semihandmade door panels, and like, I scrolled through the process photos no less than twenty times! And that top left cabinet around the soffit? Perfection. (It’s worth a look – or fifty.)
Notes from the Week
We spent an extra long weekend at Tree House, and despite being away from the studio towards the last half of last week, we pulled off a marathon M-F and caught ourselves up this week! (That never happens. Ever. I’m calling it a Christmas-come-early miracle.) Even though we’re looking forward to the weekend ahead – Scott’s parents are coming in for a visit! – we’re still reminiscing on the time we had in Michigan only a handful of days ago. Despite a rainy start to our trip, it ended with the bluest skies we’ve seen in a long while, giving us just enough time to burn our feet on the sandy dunes and make a break for the lake!
My parents drove in from Pittsburgh to meet us at Tree House, and they hung out with Goose while Scott and I hunkered down and finished the banquette! All that math hurt our heads (for which we rewarded ourselves with big scoops of ice cream), but the finished result exceeded our expectations. We’re working on the photos and tutorial to share with you soon!
Hot tip: Have you signed up for our mailing list? You’ll receive a weekly digest of blog posts on Fridays, and once a month, I’ll loop in with a personal note + bonus content. This week, we’re sharing a sneak peek of the banquette that’s not to be missed!
- My beloved eyeliner pen ran out, and on a whim, I ordered this less expensive one. I’m officially a convert! Because I’m asked a lot about my cat eye (which, thank you! Y’all know how to make a girl feel good), here’s what I do: I use the pen to ‘stamp’ my line, and then I use this shellac to fill it in for mega staying power.
- I’m officially at the point where my sun spots and fine lines are making me batty. I broke down and purchased this serum that I had been obsessively reading about for months. I’m almost 3 weeks in, and my dark spots are fading! It’s more than I’ve spent on serums in the past, but this is the only one that has shown me any results. I’m impressed. (Scott even noticed!)
- This whole home is beautiful, but what really grabbed my heart was what the homeowner, Rumaan, said: “Things are always shifting, but that’s how a house should be: dynamic, not fixed.”
- I’ve been seeing ads for washable rugs pop up in my feed for a while now, but none as cute as these!
- Thinking of purchasing a fixer upper? This post breaks down real renovation costs, which
might beare higher than you’re used to seeing on television shows.
- We’re, like, 2 years behind on The Handmaid’s Tale bandwagon, but just this month, Scott and I started the show from the beginning and straight-up devoured it! We just finished season 2, and season 3 started on Hulu a few weeks ago. We spend at least 10 minutes after each episode digesting and discussing what we just saw. It’s incredible (and can hit a little too close to home at times), but now we understand why it racks up all the awards. No spoilers (please!), but who else watches?
Wishing you all a happy weekend!